An off-lake unit is one that does not have a lakeview from inside the room, but all units are no more than 150 feet from the lake’s edge. Some of these rooms have patio/deck areas facing the lake, but some have buildings blocking the view.
Single, Off-lake Units
These two-bedroom units do not face the lake but are close enough to walk a short distance to see the dock and lake from their front door. All two-bedroom units have a patio, charcoal grills and table and chairs outside their front door.
Two-Bedroom, Off Lake
Lakefront two-bedrooms all face the lake with spacious patios or decks overlooking Lake Taneycomo. All have tables and chairs on their decks as well as charcoal grills in designated grilling areas. They all have tub/shower bathrooms, but only #16 has two bathrooms.
Four Bedroom, Off-Lake
The Brown House
The Lilley Pad, Unit #22
Papa Phil's House, Unit #27
All Our Units Include:
- All linens for bedroom, bathroom and kitchens.
- Pots and pans, cooking tools and some bakeware. (Crock pots, griddles and other special pans available upon request as well as hair dryers.)
- Dishes, silverware, glasses, coffee cups, and salt & pepper shakers.
- Coffee pot and filters, toaster, and microwave.
- Dish soap, scrubber and dish drainer.
- Cable television.
- Air conditioning, heat and air.
- Barbecue grill outside, for each unit.
- 10% off any reservation booked in one room for seven consecutive nights or more.
- Military discount: 10% off boat rentals with identification.
- Anyone can rent a boat for four consecutive days and the fifth day is free!
Cancel eight weeks before your arrival date, and your deposit will be fully refunded. Cancellations made within eight weeks of your reservation will be refunded only if we are able to rebook the entire reservation. Early departures are handled as cancellations, refunded only after we rebook the entire reservation.
We consider a reservation as a simple contract between informed parties, so it is essential that you notify us as soon as possible when you need to cancel in order for us to do our best to rebook the reservation. If a guest does not show up for a reservation, they automatically lose their deposit.
When a group or family occupies four or more units, one night’s deposit is required to make the reservation, and the total balance of all rooms is due 120 days before the arrival date. This can be paid by installments. Cancel 120 days before your arrival date, and your deposit will be fully refunded. Cancellations made within 120 days of your reservation will be refunded only as we are able to re-book the entire reservation.
We strive to have a common-sense policy that allows guests to bring their dogs, while also protecting other guests and property. For $12 per-night-per-pet charge owners accept responsibility to keep their dogs off furniture and beds, walk them on a leash and leave them unattended only in a carrier. We also ask for a cell phone number in case of barking that disturbs other guests. Damages will incur extra charges. We gratefully expect owners to clean up any messes on the resort grounds — small trash bags are free in the office.
How To Make A Reservation
To make a reservation, please call us at 1-866-545-5397 during our office hours, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time, seven days a week. Notifying us first of your preferred dates and estimated number of guests is helpful. Email is handy for inquiries and general information, but we do not take reservations via email — only by phone. We require the first night’s rent as deposit to hold a reservation, which may be paid by credit card or check.
- We cannot book more than 365 days in advance. This gives our present guests first shot at rebooking for the same dates the following year.
- Up until Jan. 1 of the coming new year, the reservations must be for seven nights or more for the dates from Memorial Day to mid-August. We know that many guests do know their summer weeks of vacation before Christmas; this allows us to secure those weeks for them before booking shorter stays.
- During the summer season we primarily book week stays from Saturday to Saturday, except for the four-bedroom private house, which can be booked Friday to Friday.
- We do not allow Sunday check-ins or check-outs during summer weeks, Memorial Day weekend through mid-August.
- Although walk-ins are welcome anytime we have availability, we require a three-night minimum for advance reservations from May 15 through October 31 and on holiday weekends.
- Through the winter, only a two-night minimum is required for advance reservations. We also fill one- and two-night openings as they develop in the schedule, so please call us for even those last-minute getaways.
Payment in full is due upon arrival. Guests are responsible for all days reserved. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover credit cards.
Check-In & Check-Out Procedures
Check-in time is anytime after 2 p.m. (3 p.m. for the larger units #16-17-18-23-25 & 26) — but boats can be rented as early as 7 a.m. (6 a.m. in the summer.) Guests must check out by 10 a.m. unless late departure has been cleared by the office staff well in advance.
All of our buildings are smoke free year-round. Guests may smoke outside, but there is a $150 fine if smoke is detected inside a room. You are welcome to smoke outdoors as long as it does not bother anyone else, but please ensure the smoke doesn’t drift inside units, office buildings or public bathrooms.