Read about all the BEST Taneycomo fishing guides and find the right fit for you or your group at BransonTroutGuides.com!
Browse photos, pricing, guide bios, and info. This free service is brought to you by Lilleys’ Landing.
Guided Fishing Trips
Whether you’re looking for a last minute, fun activity while visiting Branson or travel to our lake area exclusively to fish one of our lakes, our professional fishing guides offer short or long fishing trips for the whole family. Considering the Missouri Department of Conservation stocks about 550,000 trout in Lake Taneycomo, catching trout is relatively easy even for the novice angler. Our Taneycomo fishing guides have all the equipment and expertise to provide a fun day catching fish.
Guided Fishing Trips Include:
- Professional guide boat
- The perfect rods and reels to catch trout
- Bait, lures, and flies
- Life jackets
- Fish cleaning and packaging
It is your choice to fish with fly rods or spincast gear; both types of trips are available, depending on which guide you go with. Some specialize in fly fishing trips so if you want to fly fish, make sure you find a guide that does that.
All of our guides are insured and provide the boat and equipment for your trip. Each one is USGS Approved with an OUPV Coast Guard Captain’s License to commercially guide on the White River System of Lakes.
The prices below include our fees. You may get a lower rate if you go directly to a guide. You can contact guides directly from BransonTroutGuides.com.
1-2 PeopleGuided Fishing Trip
$500 for 6 Hours
3 PeopleGuided Fishing Trip
$550.00 for 6 Hours
4 PeopleGuided Fishing Trip
$600.00 for 6 Hours
What Time Do Guide Trips Start?
Depending on the time of year, guided trips usually start very close to sunrise in the morning. Afternoon trips start anywhere from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., depending on the client’s and guide’s schedule. On most trips, the client is to meet their guide here at the resort. Please come a little early if you need a fishing license.
For larger groups please call for rates. There is an option to rent a pontoon in which a guide can take only up to 6 people. His USCG license does not permit him to take more than 6.
Things To Consider
- Taneycomo is a cold water lake averaging about 50 degrees year round. The water in the summer is actually the coldest so early morning trips can be pretty chilly. Bring at least a sweatshirt, even if the forecast calls for triple digit temps during the day.
- If you’re going to keep fish, you should have a plan to transport your catch back home. Bring a cooler and ice. Your guide will clean and bag your trout.
- We strongly encourage catch and release for our trophy trout. If you get lucky enough to catch a trophy, you have many anglers to thank for releasing it before you. Your guide will help you take good pictures of your catch and even measure your trophy if you want to get a replica made.
- If you catch a 20-inch or larger trout and release it, Lilleys’ Landing will issue you an official Catch & Release Certificate, a C&R Patch and a nice C&R bronze pin. You will also be featured on our website. Ask your guide about it!